Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aletschhorn

Aletschhorn 28/05/2010 23:46 #610

Sunday May 23 2010, I with Alberto and Olga, we climbed the Aletschhorn.
Departure on Saturday 22, then from Bettmeralp (cable car hours before each 6.20 30 min) and then up to the Bettmerhorn (2.643 mt) with another cable car.
From here descent of about 500 mt on skis (and then walk) up the wall to the Aletsch Glacier.
We tied and we crossed the glacier that is in good condition. There were no pre-existing tracks.
The mouth of the valley of Mittelaletschgletcher, missing the snow and take the stony ground for 200 mt. Is there a patch of snow on the side orographic right (going left), but continuous discharges of strongly advise against stones the way. Reached the snow and put back on skis continue for the long valley with no problems.
Some of the snow bridges over the bed of the river below (and to cross) will not last quite some time.
Circumvent the serac left and soon the shelter (6 hours spent).
The refuge in this Sat May order was packed, well-30 13 people against a capacity of places. Timing.
Morning departure to the 4.15 and topped the 9. Let the skis at the collar, before the ridge.
From the peak hours parties 9.15 a quick hop to the bivouac to retrieve the material and at 13 riattraversiamo the Aletsch glacier, not at the same point of the progress, but more to the north and with a much longer
Three more hours we lack to reach the car.
Stupendous outing in a severe environment, and with very long approaches.
Only for alpine skiers in good shape.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Luke Calzone

Re: Aletschorn 31/05/2010 13:58 #612

Mom drudgery! Skis when I see them and no ...: mrgreen: Beautiful perseverance! Brai!
PS: I did in the summer, and I still do not regret ...
I continue to claim that he can not be a classic skialp but for lovers ... : roll:
PPS: but down from the summit Eggishorn (third last picture) would not be more comfortable (and satisfying)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds