Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: crossing Nadelgrat

crossing Nadelgrat 25 / 09 / 2007 21: 13 #238

Sunday 23 Mara and I Babolin we made the ascent of Nadelgrat from Galenjoch (starting Bordierhütte). physically long and demanding the crest is currently in excellent condition, as well as channels that date back from the Ried Glacier (have known ...). In the upper part of the glacier, below the Windjoch, he sank up to their knees in the fresh snow. When you return to the refuge after a busy day spent to complete this beautiful circular route, you have a beautiful (and deserved) feeling of contentment. Greetings.

Marco

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Crossing Nadelgrat 26 / 09 / 2007 09: 32 #239

Sunday 23 Mara and I Babolin we made the ascent of Nadelgrat from Galenjoch (starting Bordierhütte).

Good!
These are the things that are pleasing: see that their ascents are emulated thanks to the declared good condition.

COMPLIMENTS!!!

We should be a great community that we recommend and chases ;-)

physically long and demanding the crest is currently in excellent condition, as well as channels that date back from the Ried Glacier (have known ...).

But then there's new snow than when I did it ...

PHOTO PHOTO PHOTO PHOTO !!!

(Indeed DIA DIA DIA DIA 8) 8) : Lol: : Lol: )

Re: Crossing Nadelgrat 30 / 09 / 2007 09: 31 #241

We should be a great community that we recommend and chases

you are right, thanks again for the first-hand info

But then there's new snow than when I did it ...

actually the upper part of the Ried Glacier I had found so snowy even when I stayed there on skis three years ago ... It 's time to prepare the boards for the new ski mountaineering season : Wink:

Re: Crossing Nadelgrat 07 / 10 / 2007 13: 25 #258

A global vision of the ridge

nadelgarat 12 / 10 / 2007 09: 46 #259

• valerio
  • visitors
  • visitors
Congratulations for the beautiful climb.

I plan and I follow the Nadelgrat few years. I hope next year to be able to finally fulfill this dream.

I read a bit 'all available reports and would be directed me to do the way starting from Bondierhutte.
I understand that in this case Marco you've climbed the ridge to the full Dürrenhorn.
Others go up the snowy gully that climbs to the saddle between the Dürrenhorn el 'Hohberghorn (I think the hohbergjock).

then I would ask what is the way to be preferred depends 8immagino From manual).

If you will go the crest of Dürrenhorn, what kind of difficulties they incotrano? There are stops, throws to do, declined?

Thank you and congratulations again

Valerio Leoni

Re: Crossing Nadelgrat 20 / 10 / 2007 19: 02 #260

Hello Valerio. The Nadelgrat, as some will know, it is usually going along the channel leading all'Hohbergjoch (3917) from which you turn right you climb the Dürrenhorn before falling back and attack the dell'Hohberghorn ridge. The channel is equipped with stopping points on the side rocks and, when it is in conditions, is the fastest way of ascent. Usually it start from Mischabelhütte (the shortest route).
If the channel is not in a position, if you want to give priority to the completeness of the complete ascent of the ridge, or by pure masochism ... we start from Bordierhütte and, coming back and back across the glacier, it goes back to Galenjoch (where you can also camp out ) in about 2h 30 '. From here it begins the mixed ridge, mostly rocky, leading to Chili Dürrenhorn m3890. So far, so good. We had difficulty finding the descent from the tip equipped that should facilitate the descent of the first jump. We climbed on the ridge, with crampons on a very exposed blade, and then discover it much more in the bottom right. In short, the reports should be taken with tongs. There is also the possibility of cutting to a ledge at the bottom right of the top. This fell from the Chili Dürrenhorn was the most troubled section of the whole climb. Very nice however the ridge leading all'Hohberghorn, especially the last stretch Mixed facing north. A few ravanamento to climb to Stecknadelhorn (if one sticks faithfully on the ridge you end up on the jumps, you should keep a little lower right, at least in the first part). You reach the piston normal to Nadelhorn in the afternoon, by which time the multitude of pretenders to the top is already back down for some time, and this allows you to also enjoy this stretch of the usually busy descent. Once at Windjoch, if you still beer, it goes back all'Ulrischorn or you falls directly on the Ried Glacier. A nice climb, demanding physically. I am already some members of the Club4000 that have tackled in recent years in the "full" version. First of all the late Bart Naert, who had traveled in solitary August 2000. Ideally I want to dedicate to him our circumnavigation on the thread of this year 4000. Greetings.

Marco

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds