Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weissmies, N ridge: the best way ...

Weissmies, N ridge: the best way ... 19 / 09 / 2011 09: 18 #1007

Weissmies, 4027m. N ridge, AD + / IV development: 2km .

(from www.summitpost.org )
In a nice big group in 2005 avevam made the beautiful crossing South Ridge - Triftjgletcher . On top of this I met Warta. But I was also interested in return for the North ridge was called the best way to reach this summit. A long rocky crest well 2 km excellent balance and gneiss (up to IV +) culminating in an elegant snowy stretch to the summit. Mara, that the Weissmies there never was, naturally captures willingly my proposal. We anticipate the expected bad weekend and Friday morning we take the gondola lift to 3142m of Hosaas. From here along debris and easy to Lagginjoch Hohlaubgletcher siam. Are 10: 30. As the day program is space. The ridge will keep us busy over 6 hours, plus several stops. The steps follow each aircraft, elegant, exciting. Towers, plaques, dihedral and ridges to be addressed also straddle. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!. From the peak, alone, the view over the Valais is magnificent. The normal is in very good condition, except for the last maze of crevasses no obvious trace. When we get to Hosaas rains. Instead mount along the tent, we placed under a comfortable terrace on the wooden planks. The next day the weather is too uncertain to make even the South ridge of Lagginhorn, so Mara will make a "run away" (!) To the summit alone.
Yet another ridge 4000 on the wire this summer: their own merit, and wrongly suggest less famous than many more famous ridges. Well yes, it is absolutely the best way to climb the Weissmies.

The full report as usual here: www.on-ice.it/onice/viewtopic.php?t=11491

The reports used:
scuolaguidodellatorre.interfree.it/relaz...s-crestaNordEst.html
www.muroduro.it/relazioni/index.php?opti...&sobi2Id=64&Itemid=1

And now some pictures:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last modified: by Franz Rota Nodari.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds