Gran Paradiso north face

More
03 / 06 / 2013 07: 11 - 04 / 06 / 2013 06: 34 #1244 da Valerio Leoni
Valerio Leoni created the discussion Gran Paradiso Nord wall

Sunday, June 2 in the company of friends Massimiliano, Mark B and Mark C we climbed the north face of the Gran Paradiso previous night at the shelter Chaboad open on weekends.
Thirty in total Climbers on.
Tracciatissime normal way is by Chaboad (twenty people go up from here) from both Vittorio Emanuele (open on weekends).

The snow starts 2300 share and is quite filling. From above the snow shelter often and continuously.
It climbs on skis until the terminal that passes without problems.
The wall is in good condition, for indoor 2 / 3 by a layer of compact snow, but rather crumbly to the passage that makes it still easier the ascent.
At the top, next to the serac appears a significant ice side which tapers towards the rocky ridge.
We passed a narrow width snowy corridor of about one meter and a length of about 5-7 meters between the upper part of the rocks and the ice band using 2 screws preserves protected.
Cresta drawn and very snowy, small descent to reach the saddle under the Madonna.
Downhill mediocre crusted snow that gave a little fun skiing.
From about 3200 very nice soft firn.

Saturday dreary time, wet and cold. Cloudy in the evening, and good night refreezing.
The wall is in good condition as all the surrounding mountains looked excellent also the northern Ciarforon and Becca di Mochair.
So much snow over 2300 share.
Beautiful panorama from the summit of all the Valais Alps, the White, the Graian, the Dauphin to the Cozie. They also saw the Apennines and the city of turin.

Second time for me on the side, nice climb in pleasant company of dear friends
attachments:
Last Modified: 04 / 06 / 2013 06: 34 from Valerio Leoni.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 / 06 / 2013 07: 14 #1245 da Luke Calzone
Luca Calzone responded to the discussion Re: Gran Paradiso Nord wall
Congratulations and thank you for info.

Hello
Luca

Luke Calzone

More
03 / 06 / 2013 16: 19 #1247 da Franz Rota Nodari
Franz Rota Nodari replied to the discussion Re: Gran Paradiso Nord wall

Valerio Leoni wrote: Sunday, June 2 in the company of friends Massimiliano, Mark B and Mark C we climbed the north face of the Gran Paradiso previous night at the shelter Chaboad open on weekends.
Tracciatissime normal way is by Chaboad (twenty people go up from here) from both Vittorio Emanuele (open on weekends).

The snow starts 2300 share and is quite filling. From above the snow shelter often and continuously.
It climbs on skis until the terminal that passes without problems.
The wall is in good condition, for indoor 2 / 3 by a layer of compact snow, but rather crumbly to the passage that makes it still easier the ascent.
At the top, next to the serac appears a significant ice side which tapers towards the rocky ridge.
We passed a narrow width snowy corridor of about one meter and a length of about 5-7 meters between the upper part of the rocks and the ice band using 2 screws preserves protected.
Cresta drawn and very snowy, small descent to reach the saddle under the Madonna.
Downhill mediocre crusted snow that gave a little fun skiing.
From about 3200 very nice soft firn.

Saturday dreary time, wet and cold. Cloudy in the evening, and good night refreezing.
The wall is in good condition as all the surrounding mountains looked excellent also the northern Ciarforon and Becca di Mochair.
So much snow over 2300 share.
Beautiful panorama from the summit of all the Valais Alps, the White, the Graian, the Dauphin to the Cozie. They also saw the Apennines and the city of turin.

Second time for me on the side, nice climb in pleasant company of dear friends

In excellent condition even Gully Adami.
The crevasse on that side gave us a bit 'more to think about.
Two parties before me (one of my partners - Mara and Alessandro - a then climb diagonally to N) had done some nice holes compromising the next step).
Being very right at the end I found a safer passage.
4 screws used in preserves towards the channel output only for security, because the tips of crampons and spades entered the ice below, however, with good plague. The wall was then dropped from 4 or 5 skiers (add fearless - at least for the upper - however much good).
Exhausting the exit to the main ridge with deep traces to do.

As for the skiing I guess you're still fell by Chabod.
And 'an option that I excluded given the lower attendance than the descent to Pont. This allowed us to find well "chopped corridors" and smoothed where ski well as on track, even in the "crusty" stroke. Obviously out of these for us crust up to 3500 / 3300 m ca. Then nice firnone remollato at the right point.
Sfondosa only in the last m 100 from 2300 2200 to.
It looked great the descent from the valley of Grand Etret, until very nearly the junction with the uphill path.

Luke Calzone wrote: Congratulations and thank you for info.
Hello
Luca

But you were not one of the "too much snow" in proportion to make 4000?
He spoke just Wednesday ...
So be it is snow and conditions ste !!! ;-)

More
03 / 06 / 2013 20: 37 #1248 da Enrico Pessiva
Enrico Pessiva replied to the discussion Re: Gran Paradiso Nord wall
Valerio Leoni wrote:

I was one of the thirty, with Claudio Casalegno and other friends. I confirm the good condition of the road: we went up unrelated, of course skiing at shoulders.

More
04 / 06 / 2013 08: 03 #1249 da Luke Calzone
Luca Calzone responded to the discussion Re: Gran Paradiso Nord wall
Do not we understand each other, Franz. I simply said that there is a lot of snow at high altitude.
Of course, so be it is snow and ste conditions :)

Luke Calzone

More
04 / 06 / 2013 08: 10 #1250 da Franz Rota Nodari
Franz Rota Nodari replied to the discussion Re: Gran Paradiso Nord wall

Luke Calzone wrote: We have not understood each other, Franz. I simply said that there is a lot of snow at high altitude.
Of course, so be it is snow and ste conditions :)

Ale! And so share!

PS: Wednesday then you ran away ;-(
You could take a birrino ...
I enjoyed the evening?

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds