Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: "And when are you all over?" : Crossing the COMBINs

"And when you've finished them all?" ?? : Crossing of Combins 07/09/2010 10:05 #715

J.Lagarde, The collection of 4000: "Here's proof that you can do great things for very petty reasons"

Often they do this "stupid" question not knowing how to comment quest'apparentemente senseless collection. If it were just the mere affixing an "X" on a list of peaks, once completed this list you would not know what to do on the high alpine mountains. But is this simply a "game" for those of us is fond of Altaquota in the Alps. And I still have so many dreams and so many sides to explore new for me, that surely will not be enough a life ...

Arete du Meitin
Gr. COMBIN Valsorey, 4184m
Gr. COMBIN de Grafenerie, 4314m
Aiguille du Croissant, 4243m
Gr. Combin de Tsessette, 4141m

Couloir du Gardien

Born a weekend last minute. The goal was another. But the rope was hard to form. In the end they are still with the unparalleled Mara. I climbed all the main peaks of the massifBut still I missed the classic crest of Meitin. The slope of Valsorey refuge then I never saw: is all this enough to go! The climb to the hut takes place in a bucolic setting. The next day we soon attack the ridge. The itinerary is comfortable, well-marked and rapid. The crest features three jumps. No orientation problems will resolve themselves quickly. The difficulties are contained (in line chosen by us) and the generally solid rock remaining on the wire. The wind does not afflicts us, because it partially protected, except when now descending on the north side. At the top, you can not not continue to Grafenerie. From here we follow the ridge that leads to sharp ' Aiguille du Croissant, 4243m (MI THIS MISSING: mrgreen:: mrgreen:: mrgreen:) and the Mur de la Cote. Mara look that makes a "run away" with a consortium of cute Biella (Piero and Massimo, who take the opportunity to say goodbye) to Tsessette. The wind now becomes annoying and I penetrates to the bone? Recomposed the climbers down the Couloir du Gardien. The route presents ice traits and screws and double tool we are absolutely disgusting. In 200 m ascent we are back to the attack of the ridge and down to the valley of the race without losing a great slice of cake at the shelter. And this adventure at high altitude will remain indelible in our memories. Not so much for new rope climbs or repeated, but for consolidated consortium, further reinforced once more.

But here are the pictures:

The beautiful valley that leads to the Valsorey and Velan huts. With the constant background of the Mont Velan

The glacier of Velan

locals

The retreat with over Meitin and Valsorey

The refuge: even rest their ...

The massive Velan

In the distance the Jorasses

In the morning the first step

dawns

Mara follows

The second jump

lit White

On the second jump

The third jump

Out of the second

Courtes, and Droites Verte

Valsorey from the Velan and the Val d'Aosta

the Grafenerie

Towards Grafenerie

The Aiguille du Croissant

The Grafenerie with our track

The Tsessette from Mur de la Cote

The Valsorey with White

Our 3 on Tsessette.

Seracs from Gardien

Along the Gardien

The long descent to the refuge

A last look behind

The Meitin and the wall of Valsorey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: "And when are you all over?" : Crossing the COMBINs 07/09/2010 10:40 #716

Beautiful photos of a fantastic w. Congratulations Franz!
I was on the Dent d'Herens and we could almost see .......!
As soon as I publish my!

Luke Calzone

Re: "And when are you all over?" : Crossing the COMBINs 07/09/2010 19:32 #717

Great nice ride Franz!

The vastness of the Combin offers soul "of breaths deeply" Furthermore, the harshness of the place we also reserve a welcome and blissful solitude.

Beautiful pictures ... give a good idea of ​​the size of this mountain. Very suggestive ones in B / N.

I climbed all the main peaks of the massif, but still I missed the classic crest of Meitin. The slope of Valsorey refuge then I never saw: is all this enough to go!

I share this way you go to the mountains, because I always say that my climbs are nothing more than small explorations ... they were even a path that I never trail. My collections, in the end, are a consequence of this.

good mountain

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds