Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: Zinalrothorn with Patagonian wind

Zinalrothorn with Patagonian wind 10 / 09 / 2010 00: 51 #723

Finally, after spending a summer doing repetitions of some 4000, I can add a new one to my resume.

To tell the truth I would have to go up on the weekend the Gross-Grünhorn, but then, for various reasons, my program is skipped, so I veered toward the Zinalrothorn, that this year we could actually elect "the year of Club4000 mountain" (... view the attendance of members in this 2010).

I still had reckoned without his host, or rather, without the rifugista; because, as one might imagine, for the weekend the shelter was full.
So I was forced to do everything in a hurry and anticipate to Friday on Saturday.

I confirm that the Rothornhütte the reception is excellent and the guys who run it are friendly and efficient. Also good food.

The weather provided full sun for Saturday are ... clouds blacks until after the sunrise and, once you reach the fork, a Patagonian wind from the north ... to say the least cold!

Biner the plaque was completely verglassata, with beautiful ice deposits, which, being the first, it happened to us to clean up. - Looking at the photo of the summit cross you can easily guess what there was on the rocks - It goes without saying we had to make the whole climb with crampons.

8.45 to the summit ... the time to take some pictures and then off ... because the cold was really beat the teeth.

The south wall was in excellent condition, with even hard snow that has allowed us to get on and off directly in the grooves.

At the shelter, a tasty rosti with eggs has very recharged the batteries for the descent into the valley.

PS Strategy, as always when I make long approaches, the choice of climb / descent from the hut with running shoes (very comfortable!).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Zinalrothorn with patagonian wind 10 / 09 / 2010 09: 30 #724

Objection! Kudos to the nice climb !!!
And that condition !!!

But we speak of the last !!! Ven3 and Sab4 !!!!
So not all evil comes to harm ... ;-)
club4000.mastertopforum.com/zinal-vt283.html
(sooner or later....)

So I was forced to do everything in a hurry and anticipate to Friday on Saturday.
The weather provided full sun for Saturday are ... clouds blacks until after the sunrise and, once you reach the fork, a Patagonian wind from the north ... to say the least cold!
Biner the plaque was completely verglassata, with beautiful ice deposits, which, being the first, it happened to us to clean up. - Looking at the photo of the summit cross you can easily guess what there was on the rocks - It goes without saying we had to make the whole climb with crampons.

Re: Zinalrothorn with patagonian wind 10 / 09 / 2010 13: 43 #725

Hello Franz,

Yes, I was referring to last Weekend, Ven3 and Sab4 September (I forgot to write the date).

Actually go around you had in mind with those conditions, I am referring above all to the cold wind, it would certainly be the best of life, but ...

good mountain

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds