Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sass Rigais (m 3025) ... "on ice"

Sass Rigais (m 3025) ... "on ice" 24/09/2017 21:13 #1497

The Sass Rigais (m 3025) is the highest peak of the impressive Dolomite group Puez-Odle. In my opinion, the Odles are also, aesthetically, among the most beautiful peaks in the Dolomites, and "perhaps" of the entire Alpine arch. The Sass Rigais is the mountain of Reinhold Messner, who never misses mention in his lectures. I could not afford to leave such a beautiful and coveted top of my "collection". Because of the attendance, in order to enjoy the "blessed solitude", I just had to climb the Sass Rigais now, in the autumn, in conditions almost winter, with snow and ice!

At this moment the East railroad is "on ice" ... the crampons are needed and it is better to tie. The south with a variation at the Forcella di Mesdì is with leopard-colored snow (there is ice in the Forcella).

Below some pictures ...

good mountain

-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last modified: by Raffaele Morandini.

Sass Rigais (m 3025) ... "on ice" 27/09/2017 12:09 #1498

There it is! Great as ever!
PS: it will also be "on ice" but you are always "hot" ;-) ;-)

Sass Rigais (m 3025) ... "on ice" 12/11/2017 20:54 #1504

Now, getting older, "hot" I'm not that much, but until a few years ago I was really "scumbagged" in the mountains and did not suffer the cold. In this photo, where we are at -8 ° C, at night, are in shorts, but Carmen does not joke, without gloves in the snow.

good mountain

Raffaele
attachments:
Thank You: Franz Rota Nodari

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds