Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3052 Coca Cove with 3004 Antermoia Cat

3052 Coca Cove with 3004 Antermoia Cat 06/11/2017 20:08 #1500

Taking advantage of the last stable weather days I have climbed two tops that are both the highest of their respective groups. The Lace Coke (3052 m) which is the highest peak of the Orobie Alps and the Antermoia Cat (3004 m) which is the highest one of the same group in the Dolomites. Two very different mountains, but both gorgeous, which in my opinion deserve to have climbed this season (autumn) so that you can enjoy the colors of the underlying forests as well as the sublime loneliness.

The Pizzo Coca, also called "The Orobie King", Is placed in a very interesting, harsh and wild landscaping landscape in the upper part, populated by numerous glacial communities. Mountain not to be underestimated because of the very friable rock. Moreover, Coca Cove stands on the "fatigue fatigue" which is characterized by siliceous rocks, particularly fragile and tend to form "scales". For this reason, there are frequent accidents, such as the one that happened a few days ago: www.ilgiorno.it/bergamo/cronaca/pizzo-coca-morto-1.3488793

From the summit the panorama is remarkable and ranges from the neighbors Pizzo Redorta and Scais (with the suggestive canals in the beautiful view), passing from the Presolana and losing on the Rite Alps, which can be seen in full. For those who want to go out in the day, as I did, a good workout is needed, as between climb and descent are 4200 meters of altitude difference. Anyway it deserves!

Instead, the Antermoia Catinaccio I risked not to climb it because of the fierce wind that the previous night had uncovered roofs in Val di Fassa, where I was staying. I must say that he was really scared, and in fact he was recorded at 160 Km / h: www.giornaletrentino.it/cronaca/trento/r...e-tetti-ko-1.1355804
I was now prepared for a "fight with the wind" like that I did on the Matterhorn in the fall of the 2004, losing all over the Lion's Crest a wind of over 100 km / h (but I was still in the top). Instead, the day of Ascension at the Antermoia Catenaccio, Eolo had calmed down, leaving only a great cold and a clear sky. Antermoia Lake already completely frozen! The east railroad was with ice and several snow spots, dry in the west but under the wind. The Antermoia Catinaccio being the tallest of the Dolomites' homonymous group and being isolated, or apart from the other surrounding mountains, is a kind of "balcony" on Dolomites and Dolomites. From the summit you can see all the 3000 of the Dolomites, in addition to the succession of the border with Austria. It is placed in an extraordinary natural context, Il Sciliar Natural Park, which extends between the provinces of Trento and Bolzano. Area which, given the high attendance, I suggest to visit, as in the case of Coca, in the fall.

good mountain

Raffaele
Thank You: Franz Rota Nodari

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3052 Coca Cove with 3004 Antermoia Cat 11/11/2017 16:10 #1501

Beautiful climb! But it seems to me that this time, at least in the Antermoia Cataclysm, I was not as usual on your own: you see two shadows ... Did you find the one you're up to?

Flavio

3052 Coca Cove with 3004 Antermoia Cat 12/11/2017 21:05 #1505

Yes, at the Catinaccio d'Antermoia I was with a friend, who is not our club. Carmen should have been there, but he gave up just because of the strong wind. He still has the vivid memory of a little finger-frost, from her during a winter nightfall on our mountains [the series does not need to go to the Himalayas to freeze our fingers]. That night there were gusts above 100 km / h with a temperature that exceeded -15 ° C [both data recorded by the Lombard Weather Center Columns - CML Robot]. From our parts, in winter, at night, these "stormy" winds from the North are very frequent, and have original names like the "Ventone". They channel along the Lario and without finding any obstacles they fall into the mountains that make the barrier before the plain. So Carmen did not want to repeat the experience.

To tell a real someone, as you say, "I'm in the way," I have found it for some time. It is Carmen, who follows me in the night with courage and with little insanity ... even now, in honor of the truth, some blow is losing it.

A "nocturnal greeting" ...

Raffaele

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds