Strahlhorn from Mattmark

More
11/05/2011 18:40 - 11/05/2011 18:59 #816 da Renato Spindles
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW
Climbed the 6 May to the Britannia Hut from the dam at Mattmark after bringing skis for 30 minutes along the moraine. I did not remember the shelter so nice (probably was recently renovated), the only flaw is always regarded as the scarcity of food prices that girano..Il 7 May 5 and wake up at departure at 6 behind the procession of people there He preceded. I will not describe the route given the total lack of technical difficulties; pretty much a long climb in which only counts the acclimatization to altitude; high temperature even if some breeze gave fastidio.Discesa of breath-crusted snow until 3500 m. then endless pleasure for the rest of skiing. good idea to climb the Mattmark to make the perfect snow all the way without resort to the slopes of Saas Fee and without having to redo the tedious journey to the Britannia Hut! ultimately great tour :)

Last edit: 11 / 05 / 2011 18: 59 by Renato Spindles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12/05/2011 07:01 #818 da Franz Rota Nodari
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW
Nice climb to Mattmark!
Two years ago when we did unto the south wall of the Strahlhorn would be the best solution when using the bivouac City Luino. We had planned to climb in MTB to the dam because the road was closed ... then all jumped and left from Saas passing from Britain with a long cross.

Now the way was open to the dam?

More
12/05/2011 07:51 #820 da Luke Calzone
Renato Bravo, good fotoreport!

Hello
Luca

Luke Calzone

More
12/05/2011 16:42 - 12/05/2011 16:45 #821 da Renato Spindles
hello franz and Luke, the road is open up below the dam, about 200 meters before the crow flies ..
I saw your gross grunhorn luca ... I think you'll take out all the 4000s in 3 years ;)
Last edit: 12 / 05 / 2011 16: 45 by Renato Spindles.

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds