Grand Combin from Spalla Isler

More
13/08/2011 13:08 - 13/08/2011 13:21 #922 da Michele Impedovo
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW
Difficult to assess the climb to the Combin de Valsorey from the south wall. The Guide to the Mountains of Italy ranking PD, but in my opinion should be updated in AD (or AD). The climb is beautiful, if the conditions are good in the morning you can take advantage of the hard snow avoiding marches rocks and debris (that's why we got along a gully in the center of the wall). But by then 11 in the wall becomes a cascade of water and stones of any size. The descent was an interminable ordeal.
The view from the summit of the Combin de Grafeneire is sensational.
I want to report the excellent accommodation at the Cabane de Valsorey by rifugista Isabelle.
All photos of
picasaweb.google.com/102318497288774739600/GrandCombin
attachments:
Last edit: 13 / 08 / 2011 13: 21 by Michele Impedovo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14/08/2011 20:54 #930 da Renato Spindles
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW
I share the fact of considering the shoulder Isler an AD .. the PD could mislead many people ...

More
15/08/2011 07:40 #934 da Valerio Leoni
I fully agree with Renato and Michele.

Unless an exceptional snow cover, hard to find in the summer, the shoulder Isler presents considerable objective dangers. THE snow is often mixed with ice and usually there are many moving stones.
Council to bring 2 good ice axes by mixed.

I think it would be better to consider a climb of grade AD especially for objective dangers.
The ascent of Lauteraarhorn is quoted AD and it seemed easier. In this case, the main difficulty is due to loneliness and the almost total absence of signs along the way.

More
15/08/2011 18:09 #940 da Raffaele Morandini

Valerio Leoni wrote: fully agree with Renato and Michele.

Unless an exceptional snow cover, hard to find in the summer, the shoulder Isler presents considerable objective dangers. THE snow is often mixed with ice and usually there are many moving stones.
Council to bring 2 good ice axes by mixed.

I think it would be better to consider a climb of grade AD especially for objective dangers.
The ascent of Lauteraarhorn is quoted AD and it seemed easier. In this case, the main difficulty is due to loneliness and the almost total absence of signs along the way.

Valerio Hello, I "rincuori" because I miss Lauteraarhorn spite of having always fascinated, but I always thought "difficilotto", or better, a bit dangerous. But if you say that it is easier Isler of the shoulder, then I can re-consider. The Spalla Isler I had traveled in return from Combin descent (ascent from the South / East), actually the steep and unstable terrain remember, though technically I had not seemed an AD. Then the objective dangers, those are, there are.

Pictured are down right on Isler, in September 2005.
attachments:

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds