Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ridge north of the Weisshorn

Ridge north of the Weisshorn 23/08/2011 19:26 #967

After two months on the sidelines due to bad weather, work commitments and family back at high altitude to make a long very beautiful and elegant ridge in alpine 4000 the world the northern ridge of the Weisshorn.

We opted to climb it and ridiscenderla avoiding logistical problems and we were happy because we liked the descent with the two uphill shots at the two towers where we performed double in the morning on the way up.
Marco on the first shot of the Grand Gendarme:

Marco on the second shot of the policeman:

Towards the top of the snowy ridge:

During the descent shots where we had carried out the double leg the next morning:

Marco downhill at the end of the difficulties before rising to Bischorn:

Valentino to summit Bischorn for 93 ° turn on a 4000 the official list:

Finally at the tent in the valley:

Thank you for signing granted mountain once again, thanks to the consortium of friends who have taught me so much and yielded all these beautiful dreams, thanks to my wife who supports me in this challenging extra work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last modified: by Valentino Cividini.

Re: North Weisshorn crest 24/08/2011 09:28 #968

Large elegant loooong way.
Sooner or later even the saddafare!
There were also two other friends of the bg we ...

Good to know that it is also convenient downhill ... maybe ... concatenating ;-)

Re: North Weisshorn crest 26/08/2011 07:56 #974

I take this opportunity to insert a photo of the street from Bishorn.
So do you gather all the value (also aesthetic).

attachments:

Re: North Weisshorn crest 27/08/2011 14:44 #981

I went up two days later, with Carlo Ravetti, that with this completed the collection of 82 "4000" and maybe at this point you decide to join the club. I can only subscribe to your advice, coming back down from the north ridge, even if you lose the 'crossing effect. It was also our idea, which, however, we had to give up because of the strong wind that accompanied us during the ascent, and that has caused us to lose altitude rapidly along the east ridge; the normal route is not to be underestimated, I l 'I had already traveled about ten years ago, coming back from shalligrat, and I still managed to mess me up and then never ends: 8 hours from the top in Randa, against 7 hours in half by Traquit the top. About times, you can leave early: we started from the refuge to 'one-thirty, also for fear of afternoon thunderstorms, and we were all' beginning of the difficulties (the first of two doubles) at first light. We went to keep for the whole climb, except two shots of the great gendarme, where they can be useful one or two friends to supplement the bolts present. Suggestions to Franz about linkages: the classic cross of the Weisshorn. Ascend the shallijoch (possibly with crossing the Shallihorn or even the Zinalrothorn). The next day we climb the shalligrat and down the north ridge, going to sleep at the ref. Arpitetta. Finally go up the ridge to the great young policeman, possibly for direct variant, returning to the East Ridge: Three days well spent!
Good climbs all
Enrico Pessiva

Re: North Weisshorn crest 27/08/2011 20:50 #982

Piero White wrote: I take this opportunity to insert a photo of the street from Bishorn.
So do you gather all the value (also aesthetic).

... It's worth the climb Bishorn just to watch the North Ridge of the Weisshorn, so much better!

An extended hem valancethat is lost to the sky.

Raffaele Morandini

Re: North Weisshorn crest 27/08/2011 20:51 #983

Congratulations to all for the nice climb!
Henry, please, convince yourself that big head of Charles to join the Club: what does the shy, is among friends ...

Flavio

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds