Benvenuto, Guest
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mont Blanc du Tacul

Mont Blanc du Tacul 01/10/2009 15:27 #564

Mont Blanc du Tacul - Current Conditions:

Climbed 30 September 2009 from the Aiguille du Midi

Ridge of thin and in poor condition with cracks open in the lower part, but even so the track is intact.

The Tacul is in good condition and evident track, although in thin stringers. Only a very short stretch of ice. Always "anxiety-producing" the seracs, among other things, the track passes in the middle of some big clods, probably recently fallen.

* I passed several times on Tacul, but I had never been on the top (perhaps snobbandolo a bit '). Now, by collection, I have gone up and I must say that I was surprised in a positive, if only for the beautiful view it offers. This season there's very few people around, and being alone at the top, as well as being a rarity, is the added value.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Mont Blanc du Tacul 02/10/2009 18:42 #565

Really beautiful autumn colors at high altitude, the oblique light, the elimination of crowding summer, the sky remains clear all day ... The Tacul, then, is perhaps the best vantage point of the entire massif. Nice idea to climb it at this time.

Re: Mont Blanc du Tacul 04/10/2009 02:42 #566

I share everything!

Actually, most of "my" four I climbed them in late summer and autumn. The reasons are various, some of which are precisely those you listed.

I admit to being allergic to summer crowds, so I prefer the autumn and especially on weekdays. In this way I have often had the satisfaction of climbing mountains much frequented without finding a soul. I remember, for example, a pleasant ascensuione a Gran Paradiso desert in October, or, again in the fall, a Cresta del Leone devoid of climbers, but also at lower altitudes I found peaks, usually crowded, like that of Monte Viso, laden with that silence and solitude, which generally only the most daring heights manage to defend. In this way even the Strahlhorn, the Bishorn and Allalinhorn left in me a more intense memory.

To add to the beautiful autumn, there is also the beginning of the fascinating phenomenon of thermal inversion (which continues in winter), with clouds below and the clear sky at high altitude ... "haven effect."

With autumn praise not go down to lower altitudes, otherwise I would write a novel medium; In fact, it is the beautiful high altitude this season, the average mountain with its forests in the suit is indeed sublime!

In short, we are incurable romantics!

: Wink:

Re: Mont Blanc du Tacul 05/10/2009 17:14 #567

I share everything!

Actually, most of "my" four I climbed them in late summer and autumn. The reasons are various, some of which are precisely those you listed.

I admit to being allergic to summer crowds, so I prefer the autumn and especially on weekdays. In this way I have often had the satisfaction of climbing mountains much frequented without finding a soul. I remember, for example, a pleasant ascensuione a Gran Paradiso desert in October, or, again in the fall, a Cresta del Leone devoid of climbers, but also at lower altitudes I found peaks, usually crowded, like that of Monte Viso, laden with that silence and solitude, which generally only the most daring heights manage to defend. In this way even the Strahlhorn, the Bishorn and Allalinhorn left in me a more intense memory.

To add to the beautiful autumn, there is also the beginning of the fascinating phenomenon of thermal inversion (which continues in winter), with clouds below and the clear sky at high altitude ... "haven effect."

With autumn praise not go down to lower altitudes, otherwise I would write a novel medium; In fact, it is the beautiful high altitude this season, the average mountain with its forests in the suit is indeed sublime!

In short, we are incurable romantics!

: Wink:

As quotarvi.
Autumn offers unforgettable emotions.
And, unlike the cold of winter and "dismal," also she manages to offer conditions "almost summer" (like those of the past we) that are a boon for mountaineering.

PS: just reading about databases the climb yesterday of the Matterhorn from the Lion, the trav of Breithorn, the Dent Blanche and ... 8)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds